Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall Food



One of the things we love about fall here is the food that just fits naturally into our home once cool weather begins. During fall I think of apple pie, pumpkin bread, hearty stews and soups, and cold apple cider is delicious after an afternoon spent raking leaves. One of our new favorites is Apple Cider bread. The other day at Wegman's they were handing out various samples of breads. My cart seems to naturally steer towards the bakery and so we tried Wegman's new flavor. It is wonderful!! I enjoy the bread there, but I don't often buy the specialty bread because it is a little pricey. But I could not resist this bread. It tastes even better with brie. We also had a chicken dish and we did buy some pumpkin ale. The box that came with it was really cute, which my husband thought was a little silly, but I wanted to take a picture of it anyway.



Last night we went to pick up the new to us pickup truck and I knew I would be late starting dinner. Since we have an overabundance of leeks right now, my daughter and her boyfriend made leek and potato soup for us. Dessert was Paula Deen's pecan pie bars - yum! The dinner was delicious and it was wonderful to come home to dinner someone else made after a busy day. The weather was a little rainy which made the soup taste even better. I didn't get any pictures of the soup since it was so good we ate it before I could get the camera out. Since I still have a lot of veggies left over from the CSA this week, tonight we are having swiss chard lasagna and salad - and the rest of the pecan bars! And of course, guess what just fell in my shopping cart when I stopped at Wegmans - Apple Cider bread.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment