Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent

Yesterday was the first day of Advent and I realize I am woefully behind this year. Since I wake up so early during the week, I had time to read some other blogs and websites to get some ideas for this season. Though I try to take time to pray and reflect throughout the year, during this season I sometimes get caught up in decorating, ordering gifts, and baking goodies. All wonderful things, and important to my family, but it is not good when it takes away from time preparing for Christ's birth.
This year I let my subscription to the Magnificat lapse. I ordered it again this morning, along with their Advent companion. I also went to the Catholic Culture site and downloaded some ideas. I would like to find a book for the season, so I might make a trip to the Catholic bookstore this week. As this will be the last Christmas season of homeschooling my daughter, I want to make it both meaningful and special. I know we will be reading The Christmas Mystery together, as well as some picture books we love to read every year. We never grow up when it comes to beautiful picture books!

No comments:

Post a Comment