Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Frugal savings

Lately, I have been saving a lot at Walgreen's. I shopped yesterday, and though I didn't beat my free shop I had last week (spent $9.50 and received $9.50 back in register rewards) I still did well. I bought:

2 cans tomato soup
3 cans tomato sauce
my daughter's favorite facial cleanser
2 multi packs bathroom tissue
Cling wrap - 200 sf.
3 teenage boy body sprays

I spent $8 and received $2 back in register rewards. Before I started watching the ads I would have spent that much on the facial cleanser alone. Plus, I have 2 small gifts to put away for my son. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Just stopping in to say hi from Sugar Pie Farmhouse. So hi!

    Wow, you are quite the good shopper! How did you do it? Did you have a bunch of coupons? Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica,

    I just saw your comment on Money Saving Mom. Where did you get the the one year certificate that you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,

    Actually it was the person below me on the work at home list who posted about the one year medical coder certificate, not me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn,
    I do use a lot of coupons combined with items on sale. I use the moneysavingmom.com, grocerygame.com, and others to find coupons. It really helps!

    ReplyDelete