Thursday, December 10, 2009

GO ARMY!


It's that time of year again. Time to put up the flag (once the wind dies down), dig out the old sweatshirts, and if they don't fit anymore, put pins on t-shirts instead. We'll have pizza and cheer on the team. When I was dating my husband while he was still a cadet at West Point, I went to the Army-Navy game up in Philadelphia. At that time it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and though I loved being there, I don't think I have ever been so cold. My husband (then boyfriend) tried to warn me to dress warm and forgo being a fashionplate for a day. Of course, I couldn't do that! So I sat in the stands with my teeth chattering. So, though I enjoyed the excitement and atmosphere of the game (and I can't even remember who won though I'm sure my husband could)I will be very happy to sit by our warm fireplace and watch the game. GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment