Friday, December 18, 2009

Waiting

We are waiting - for a snowstorm that is supposed to start tonight and continue into Sunday morning. We're expecting 8-12+ inches of snow. In this time of waiting, I feel almost a hush when we prepare for the arrival of the snow. It reminds me of advent, and its time of preparation. This morning I busily did all my errands - picked up the dog and cat food, went food shopping, and brought in more firewood. Now it is time to anticipate the arrival of the snow. Advent preparation also leaves us with anticipation - the Lord, our Savior is coming. All the readings, the activities, as wonderful as they are, are only a lead-in to the wonderful event of the newborn baby lying in a manager. As I light my Christmas lights and enjoy the snow tonight, I am also anticipating the arrival of a much loved and needed child. O come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment